Family of Asake implore the singer to appeal to his fans regarding the Brixton Academy crush.

Police are investigating the deaths of two individuals who were caught in a crowd surge at a concert by Asake in south London on this day last year.

The family of one of the victims is urging the performer to appeal to his fans for any information concerning the crush, which occurred a year ago. Gaby Hutchinson, a 23-year-old security guard, and Rebecca Ikumelo, a 33-year-old, lost their lives in the surge after reportedly allowing hundreds of ticketless fans to enter the O2 Brixton Academy.

Following the incident, the venue faced the potential of permanent closure, and the Metropolitan police called on the council to revoke its license. However, it was permitted to continue operating on the condition that it meets 77 new, stringent requirements set by Lambeth council’s licensing subcommittee.

Kelsey Hutchinson, the 26-year-old sister of Gaby, from Billericay, Essex, is pleading with Asake to assist the police investigation by urging his fans to come forward with any relevant information. She believes that the singer’s influence over his crowd and followers could be pivotal in providing valuable evidence.

Although Asake has honored the victims, he has not made any public appeal for information regarding the incident. Kelsey Hutchinson expressed disappointment, saying that the singer has never formally acknowledged their family.

The Metropolitan police have released CCTV images of individuals they wish to speak to in connection with the crush. As part of the ongoing investigation, one arrest has been made in October.

Hutchinson, her sister Nina, and the parents of Rebecca, Yetunde Olodo and Anthony Ikumelo, have jointly issued a renewed plea for information. Anthony Ikumelo, a 63-year-old resident of Canning Town, emphasized that there are still many unanswered questions and urged anyone with knowledge to come forward.

Olodo, a 60-year-old from Stratford, expressed their family’s desire for justice. With two young children, they are struggling to explain the absence of their mother. They are pleading for individuals to step forward and share whatever they know about the incident.

The lead investigator, Detective Chief Inspector Nigel Penney, stated that they are diligently working to determine the specific details of this tragic event. They have conducted interviews with certain individuals and companies believed to be linked to the tragedy.

Representatives of Asake have been contacted for comment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *