According to a report, cabin crew had to inform Japan Airlines pilots in Tokyo plane crash about the fire onboard.

Flight attendants required approval from the cockpit in order to open the emergency exits, as reported by a broadcaster.
Fresh details from local media reveal that the pilots of a Japan Airlines plane, which caught fire after all passengers and crew had evacuated, were initially unaware of the fire.
The plane collided with a coast guard aircraft after landing at Haneda Airport in Tokyo. Unfortunately, all but one of the six people on the smaller plane died.
Videos shot by passengers showed flames erupting from the airliner, which eventually came to a stop. The fire had started underneath the aircraft and began to spread.
However, according to NHK, the national broadcaster, the pilots of Japan Airlines were unaware of the fire until the cabin crew informed them.
NHK reported that the chief flight attendant informed the cockpit that the airplane was on fire, as the cabin crew needed permission to open the emergency exits.
At this point, smoke filled the cabin, and temperatures rose. People desperately pleaded for the doors to be opened, while babies cried, as seen in the footage.
Due to the fire, evacuation from the airplane began from only two slides at the front. There were a total of eight emergency exits.
JAL explained that only one rear left exit was safe from the fire, but as the intercom system was no longer functional, the cockpit was unable to give the go-ahead.
Nevertheless, the crew at the back deemed it necessary for passengers to disembark from the back door and opened it, following their training. They used megaphones and their voices to provide instructions.
The entire evacuation process took 18 minutes, with the pilot being the last person to step onto the tarmac at 6:05 pm.
Soon after, the entire aircraft was engulfed in flames, and it took eight hours for numerous fire engines to extinguish the blaze.
Unfortunately, a dog and a cat, both pets, were left on the plane and did not survive, according to the airline.
Investigations into the crash, involving Japan, France, Britain, and Canada, are still ongoing. The wreckage from both planes can still be found on one of Haneda’s four runways.
While the flight and voice recorders from the coast guard plane have been recovered, those from the passenger jet are still being searched for.
On Wednesday, the transport ministry released transcripts of communications between flight controllers, which confirmed approval for the JAL flight’s landing.
However, the coast guard plane was reportedly instructed to go near the runway.
Earlier reports from NHK had stated that the pilot, Genki Miyamoto, 39, immediately claimed to have received permission to take off after the accident.
Japan Airlines estimates an operating loss of approximately 15 billion yen ($105 million) due to the collision.
However, the company stated that insurance would cover the loss of the aircraft and is currently assessing the impact on its earnings forecast for the fiscal year ending on March 31.
JAL shares rose by 0.5% on Thursday, with a subdued reaction to the crash as trading resumed following the New Year’s holiday. Initially, the shares fell by as much as 2.4%.
This report includes contributions from Agence France-Presse and Reuters.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *